Visit to Chung Tai Chan Monastery
▍Entering the Monastery
- Hours: 8:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. (March - October Inclusive)
(But 5:00 p.m Closing Time in November - February)
- Please dress neatly and modestly. No shorts or flip-flops inside the monastery.
- Pets (except guide dogs), meat and non-vegetarian foods are not allowed inside the monastery. Smoking, drinking alcoholic beverages or chewing betel nuts are prohibited inside the monastery.
- Please do not litter, spit or leave cigarette butts on ground.
- For the safety and privacy of our visitors camera drones are strictly prohibited on the Monastery premises at all times.
▍Touring the Monastery Halls
- To preserve the peace and tranquility of the monastery, please maintain silence in the monastery halls. Verbal presentations may be given at the billboard area outside the Four Heavenly Kings Hall. Please silence your mobile phones before entering the monastery and tour in silence.
- No food, water or drink allowed in the monastery halls.
- Please do not touch any Buddhist statues, Dharma instruments or works of art.
- Sound or video recording, or photographing of the guided tour is prohibited.
▍Services for the visually impaired
- Qualified guide dogs for the visually impaired are welcomed at the Monastery. For any assistance, please contact us in advance or on-site at the Reception Desk.
- Please present necessary supporting documentation and keep the guide dog leashed at all times. All visually impaired persons accompanied by a guide dog or professional guide dog trainers visiting the Monastery must comply with this “Qualification and Management Approach to Qualified Guide Dogs and Seeing Eye Puppy, Articles 10,11” regulation as issued by the Executive Yuan of the Government of Taiwan.
How to Arrange for a Free Guided Tour
A guided tour of the monastery halls may be arranged by reservation.
▍Pre-arranged Group Tours
- Reservation for a guided tour must be made one day in advance of the visit.
- The monastery will arrange tours in consideration of the operational needs of the monastery on the day of the visit.
- The duration of the tours is one hour to one and a half hours.
- To reserve a tour, please:
- download and fill out the Reservation Form;
- prepare a name list of the visiting group. Please include the names and occupation titles of all the members in the group;
- fax the completed Reservation Form and the name list to (886-49) 2930-836, the Reception Office of Chung Tai Chan Monastery;
- After faxing, please call the Reception Office at (886-49) 2930-215 within an hour for confirmation of receipt.
Note: A Reservation is incomplete without confirmation with the Reception Office by phone.
Tel: (886-49) 2930-215; Fax: (886-49) 2930-836
Any changes to or cancellation of reserved tours must be made by phoning the Reception Office at (886-49) 2930-215 at least one day prior to the visit. Any changes to the appointed tour hours exceeding 30 minutes made on the same day of the tour cannot be accommodated.
● Download Chung Tai Chan Monastery Guided Tours Reservation Form : Word file or PDF file